Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Highs and Lows

Six words that I hate: " you did not make the cut."  I ended up 1.5 lbs short of qualifing for the national championship. A three pound bass that broke my line in the last 10 minutes of the 2day tournament cost me the championship. At this level of competition you can't afford to lose fish like I did.

Looking back, I know what adjustments I should have made when the Army Corp raised the water level. My fish simply dropped out deeper to the main lake. Instead of moving up with the water the bass began feeding on the deepest edges of hydrilla. Some anglers were able to move shallow with the fish and catch them on Spro Frogs.  I wasn't that fortunate.  In my fishing areas the flats were so large the fish simply spreadout to the point that I wasn't able to get back far enough to reach them.

Live and learn...

My next season begins January 22, 2011.  I'll move forward and try harder next year. Thanks to everyone who cheered me on!

No comments: